adult clinical psychologyDr Tammy Esrich
About dr tammy esrich
Tammy is a Chartered Clinical Psychologist. She completed her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Edinburgh University in 1997 and has worked for 20 years as a Clinical Psychologist in the NHS. She currently works part time in an adult Palliative Care Team in Worcestershire.
She is a member of the British Psychological Society and is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
About adult clinical psychology
Clinical Psychologists aim to reduce psychological distress and enhance psychological well-being. This often allows people to lead more fulfilling lives and do more of what is important to them.
Clinical Psychologists are trained to Doctorate level in a range of evidence-based talking therapies across the life span. They are able to draw on a wide range of psychological models and therapies and tailor intervention to suit individual need based on unique circumstances and experiences.
During initial consultation Tammy will take a detailed history of the difficulties you are experiencing. This will help to develop a joint understanding of how the problem has developed and what may be maintaining it. This can then be used to inform intervention and Tammy will discuss with you therapeutic approaches which may be helpful. Therapeutic approaches that Tammy draws from include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT) and Mindfulness.
examples of difficulties treated
- Depression and low mood
- Specific fears and phobias
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Loss of confidence or self-esteem
- Coping with diagnosis and adjustment to physical illness
- The above difficulties are very common. This list is not exclusive so please feel free to contact me to see if I can help you with any other difficulties that may not be listed.
- Self referral and GP referral accepted.
- Location: Fold Therapy Centre
- Initial consultation 90 minutes – £65
- Follow up consultations 50 minutes – £60
Colder days, longer nights and enticing festive indulgences all take their toll on our immune health and energy levels. So what can we do to make sure we come out the other side, well defended and with a spring in our step? Eating a varied and balanced diet is the key...
August 19th is women’s Wellness Day here at The Fold…