About the opportunity
Located in rural Worcestershire, the Fold is a Community Interest Company consisting of organic farm, artisan village and centre for personal growth and wellbeing. Its mission is to carry out activities which benefit the community and improve the health and wellbeing of individuals, the local and wider community and the planet. It aims to support the local economy and promote environmentally sustainable practices.
We are seeking a catering partner who is passionate about organic, seasonal produce and willing to maximise the ‘field to fork’ and vegetarian focused opportunity here at the Fold. The successful bidder will be someone committed to tackling climate change and demonstrating this in every aspect of the catering experience.
The Fold is looking for someone to take over the running of the Fold Café and provide catering services for Fold organised events and private functions. As the lessor, the Fold will take a percentage of the annual sales of turnover of the Fold Café, as well as a rental fee. The Fold is willing to offer the first year of business rent free to the catering partner. The Fold is also able to offer free onsite accommodation, if desired.
About The Fold CIC
The Fold CIC is a small but complex site, offering a range of activities and services to the local community. We have on site:
- An organic farm that provides a weekly vegetable box scheme and fresh organic produce sold in our café and shop.
- A care farm, every week participants with special needs spend the day helping to grow vegetables.
- Farm shop, selling the best local produce. Open Tuesday to Saturday 9:30am – 4:30pm daily.
- Natural Therapy Centre with 11 regular therapists ranging from shiatsu to nutrition.
- Annual calendar of events. We have several spaces which are rented out throughout the year for wakes, yoga classes, meetings,
concerts, talks and more. We also have a monthly covered market and other seasonal events such as summer and winter solstices.
- A community of 12 local businesses and artisans who rent studio spaces at The Fold.
The Fold Café
The café is situated in the centre of the site and is the beating heart of the Fold. Food produced on the farm is sold in the farm shop and served in the café. Located in a 17th century granary building, the café seats 60 internally and a further 30 in the front and back courtyards. It is normally open seven days a week and closed during the evenings, although the space can be hired out ‘after hours’ for private functions. In 2019 it had an annual turnover of £243,677.
Catering and functions
The Fold also has several spaces which we rent out to people for meetings, workshops and private events such as birthday parties, wakes and weddings. These are all currently catered for by the Fold café. This would ideally continue to be catered for by whoever runs the café. If not, the Fold would look to work with an external catering company.
Working collaboratively with the Fold CIC
Whilst you would be running the café as your own separate business, we require that the business would be aligned with the Fold’s vision and mission. Our ideal partner would:
- Be a committed change maker, inspiring people to eat more sustainably.
- Love eating and cooking with vegetables, open to running a café that is veggie focused.
- Embrace the seasons, procuring organic vegetables and eggs from our farm.
- Work in collaboration with other aspects of the site, including our designer-makers in the studios, the natural therapy centre and farm shop
- Have experience in catering for events and functions
If you are interested in this unique opportunity then please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will send you the tender document and application forms. The deadline for applications is Monday 24th August, with the possibility of (socially distanced) site visits in July for potential bidders. Any questions or clarifications please contact Chloe MacKean, Operations Manager.