Have you been closely following the scary stories shown by the media?
Are you stressed being in ‘lockdown’?
The current situation we find ourselves, in separated from friends and family and bombarded by fear in the media, is a stressful time for everyone. This stress can have a detrimental effect on our health at a time when maintaining it is of the utmost importance.
Holistic Medicine like Acupuncture and Qigong treats the whole person, body, mind, and spirit. Instead of looking for and just dealing with symptoms when the system falls apart, we do our best to nourish and support the whole person.
I have specialised in helping patients or students improve their health and well-being, one to one or in groups for over three decades. Health to me is not only an absence of disease. It also encompasses having a positive, ‘bright’ attitude to life; the ability to change what needs changing, and to accept what cannot be changed with equanimity.
If I could show you a way to reduce your stress levels as well as learn new lifelong skills to boost your health and improve your life, would that interest you?
To go into the details of how and why these exercises will boost your immunity would take a long time, which I don’t have in this article. What I can tell you from my own experience and that of teaching this to thousands over 32 years is that it definitely works!
Instead, I’ll ask you to watch this to video 2.14 minutes, which ends with the Meditation section. That section covers the essentials of boosting your immune system. The Taiji and Sword are great, but it’s the icing on the cake for those who want it.
The 7 excersizes that are most useful for their immune boosting prpe deeper understanding of the 7 above-mentioned exercises , or to join an online Zoom class please go to:
- Wuji. This calms the mind and reduces stress. Opens the flow of blood and Qi (for explanation see website below) to your organs and limbs
- Self-Massage (Dao Yin). This is vital if you want to release pent up tension in your muscles and limbs. Tension leads to aches and pains.
- Warm-ups. Enables your body to move your body and get to release tension and stimulate the flow of Lymph, part of the immune system.
- Standing Qigong (Zhan Zhuang). A way to improve strength and stamina, which also aids immunity.
- Medical Qigong. Specialised varied exercises that work on specific organs, improving Blood and Qi flow. The Colon houses the gut flora a major part of boosting your immune system.
- The 5 Relaxing exercises. Different forms of Moving Meditation. Relaxing and works the Lymphatic System, Boosting the Immune System
- Sitting Meditation. Learning to calm your mind and release stress. Stress is the cause of all major diseases-Heart problems, Cancer, Strokes.
|LightQi Taiji Qigong class video – YouTube|
This is a short video of the aspects we cover in my classes in Worcestershire, UK. In time you will also be able to be watch and take part in the comfort of your own home, in a live transmission.
If you would like a FREE 20-minute sitting Mindfulness Meditation video in real-time, which means to be regularly reminded to relax your body and calm your mind, please text Altair on 07855 108 777
by Altair de Almeida, The Fold Natural therapy centre therapist and Tai Chi, Qigong teacher