Front of house supervisor
The Fold Café Overview
The Fold Café is a vital part of the wider Fold CIC and subscribes to The Fold’s vision, mission and values. The Fold Café aims to operate as a commercially sustainable enterprise where all surpluses are fed back into The Fold CIC supporting The Folds wider aims and objectives.
The Fold Café will demonstrate its commitment to sustainability by producing a food offer based on at least 70% usage of local, seasonal and organic produce, purchasing and using as much food as possible grown on the farm.
Main Function of Job
Together with café manger, you will oversee all front of house operations and ensure the guests experience is of the highest possible experience, in line with The Folds vision, values and ethos, including the meeting of financial targets and KPI’s. Together with café manger oversee all front of house operations and ensure the guests experience is of the highest possible quality.
To actively seek and record guest feedback on a regular basis by all staff and ensure all customer requests and feedback are responded to promptly.
All front of house operations, inside and out including:
- Setting up and opening the café in the morning, including till cash reconciliation, cakes, café, coffee machine and FOH for daily service
- Checking emails and daily bookings
- Updating the menus boards to reflect that day’s special offers
- Ensuring customers receive a warm welcome and excellent café experience
- Operational running of FOH including ensuring tables are swiftly cleared and cleaned
- FOH Stock ordering
- Ensuring a clean and safe working environment for both customers and colleagues
- Ensure that all areas of The Café (inside and outside) are always in a highly presentable and functioning state.
- Closing down the café at the end of the day including cashing up and locking up
- Support café functions and events with set up and operations including weddings and celebrations of life
- Ensuring literature and notice boards are well maintained
- Being aware of and promoting Fold events and courses, actively harvesting contacts
- Deputising for the café manager as and when necessary
- Actively promoting the values and image of the Fold
- Attending meetings as the café’s representative when the café manager isn’t available
- Assisting in kitchen when appropriate
- Assisting with café cleaning
- Supporting the café manager to develop the profitability of the café in line with mission and values
- Help develop a motivated and high performing team
- Ensure clear shift handovers & briefings
- To collaborate with other parts of the Fold attending meetings as appropriate.
- Helping to develop and build upon relationships within the community,
- Have a flexible approach to work, and be prepared to help as and where required
Key result Areas
- Excellent feedback on café surveys and trip advisor
- Ensuring an overall weekly wage to sales ratio of 42% or lower